Sponsors

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Handmade Rabbit from One of Our Featured Artisans

As some of you may know, I love bunny rabbits as much as I love bears and raggedies. And guess what I received in the mail recently! A bunny rabbit from Michelle's Bears!

She even sent the bunny with her very own bunny friend (and a sweet pin, which I forgot to take a picture of. Sorry, Michelle!)
A pretty and regal ruffle, wouldn't you say?
Old fashioned looking buttons and tags. (She also has a flower atop her head). The attention to detail is wonderful, and even though she looks elegant, she's very sturdily made.

She's made out of vintage velvet and is jointed and can sit if propped. Some of her fur is very soft, while other parts are a little stiff to get a more worn look. (I'm not sure of the process, but whatever it is, she looks like an antique, though not fragile).

As I mentioned in my review of Custom Teddys' wee bear I received, I like to name my bears (and now rabbits) after ancestors. So I'm naming this beauty Eleanor of Aquitaine. She kind of looks regal, yet she looks like an "Ellie." :)

To see more of Michelle's handiwork, please check out Tbmum's Etsy shop.

4 comments:

  1. Awww..she looks like she's right pleased with herself, Tracy! Thanks for showing her off and I know she's where she's supposed to be.
    Many Warm Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat rabbit! I absolutely love the name.. you are so clever Tracy, as is Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Thanks Ladies! I sure appreciate the kind comments...especially when I'm in a slump like I am now!
    Hugs, hugs, hugs!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete