Sponsors

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Handmade Raggedies Spotlight Artisan: Pat of All is Bright

Presenting Pat of All is Bright.
Do you have a favorite style of raggedies?
Love all raggedies. I do like some prim, but not too much. I don't like them to look scary.

Do you have a favorite medium/texture that you consistently like to work with when creating your raggedies? Is there anything you eventually want to get in to and master - whether regarding raggedies or any other artistic endeavor?
If I use medium/texture on my dolls I like to use wool on the dresses/tags and bells and buttons. I just started working on some mixed medium art on canvas. Did my first for my granddaughter - when time permitting I would love to take some classes on that.

What kinds of other artistic projects do you like to work on?
Love working on wool projects, stitchery and some quilting. Quilting is restricted to wall hangings - don't have enough time for large quilts.

What do you like to do in your spare time when you're not creating art?
Read and jog.

How long have you been crafting?
About 25 years.

When did you first start selling your handmade raggedies?
10 years, but about one year that I've started painting the faces on my dolls.

What inspired you to do so?
My love for dolls and creating each face to look a little different from the others that I've done. Picking out fabrics for the doll is also very enjoyable.

What style do you decorate your home in?
I love my home to feel warm and inviting - love many colors. I have some hanging quilts and pillows that I've made myself.

Were you artistic as a child?
Yes, I loved drawing and painting.

Did you like Raggedy Ann when you were a child?
Yes - loved all kinds of dolls.

Did anyone inspire you as a child or when you were starting to become artistic?
My high school art teacher.

Was there a point when you realized "Wow, I'm an artist/artisan!"
No, not really.

Confession time: What does your craft room/studio really look like?
I have pictures on my blog if you'd like to see it.

Is it organized?
Most of the time it is, but when I have a craft show, which is one a year - watch out - it looks bad!

Please list the urls to your blog(s) and shop(s).
All is Bright Crafts blog
Etsy shop

1 comment:

  1. Very nice interview. I'm going to have to check out your craft room pictures on your blog. I love seeing where other people spend their creative time.

    ReplyDelete